Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Ice Cube Painting

I tried to modify the original tutorial I found.  I wanted to be sure that it was permanent on the fabric.  I think I might have failed.  I'll let you know.

I froze water mixed with food coloring and a few with acrylic paint just to experiment.

Brock put them all on the fabric

Except the rainbow circle, I did that :)

Where we failed.  We moved them.  And then ultimately Brock took the fabric off the chair and it became a muddy mess. But it did dry kind of pretty.  I still have to wash it to see how it ultimately turns out.  I have plans to do something more with it, but that's a surprise if it turns out :)

It was still fun.  Brock liked watching them melt.  He kept saying the sun is hot and melts the ice.  So at least he learned something. 

In case you're wondering, we did make butter, it looked like butter, it was a little salty, we never ate more than just testing it.  We were all too afraid.  We'll try again another day.

So how are we doing?  It's day 15 and we have completed 14 items off our list. Not too bad!  I expected us to have down weeks, but there will also be times when we complete more than one thing a day.  So I think we're right on track! 

No comments:

Post a Comment