Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Apple Sauce and Picnic Blanket

Today we made apple sauce in the crock pot.  It's pretty darn good!

Here is the recipe:

Supplies:
§        8 medium sized apples
§        1 cup of water
§        ½ cup of Sugar
§        1 teaspoon of cinnamon

 Directions:

1.     Peel and core the apples.  Cut them into bite size pieces.

2.     Place apples, water, sugar and cinnamon in a crock-pot and cover.  Cook on high for 2 hours.

3.     Continually check on apples and mash with potato masher until desired consistency is achieved.  Add more sugar if desired.

4.     Cook on low for another 2-3 hours

And of course, here are some pictures :)

Brock wanted to eat all the apples.  As soon as I dumped them out he took a big bite out of one...

And then taste tested them once we had them sliced...

And again when we had them diced for the crock pot.

And because I'm horrible at taking the after pictures, that is all we have.  But trust me, it is yummy!  And the house smelled delicious!

For those of you wondering whatever became of our Ice Painting, I'll show you know.  I made a picnic blanket out of it!

I sewed our hand prints onto the fabric and then sewed it to a fleece blanket.

Here is a close up of our hands.  Turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself!

See our blanket in action tomorrow when we go on a Picnic at a New Park. 

Apple Sauce Source


No comments:

Post a Comment