Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

A Welcome and an Introduction

In order to avoid being total Couch Potatos this summer, I've researched and created a list of 100 things (well it's at 80 right now, but we'll add as we go) that we are going to do this summer.  I've started this blog so my family and friends can stay updated on our adventures, but I welcome anyone to read it and follow us on our 3 month summer adventure.

I'm giving us from June 1st through August 31st to complete the list.  So who are we? 

Me: My name is Brooke.  I'm a stay at home mom of two.  I love my job, but this might be my last summer at a SAHM and I want to make it the best!  I almost have a teaching degree, but I decided at the very last minute that teaching might not be fore me, so I finished up a bachelors degree and decided to stay home with my kids for a while.  I'm considering taking a CNA course this summer and I'm quite excited about that.

Mark:  My husband and father to the two beautiful children.  He'll probably make a few appearances in our Summer Challenge, especially on weekend adventures.  He's finishing up a mechanical engineer degree and already works full time in his field.  We've been together for 13 years (married almost 3). 

Brock: My oldest baby.  He'll be 3 on May 23rd.  He's crazy and a typical boy.  This list is mostly for him.  I want to give him a memorable summer, document it and set it up so he can someday recreate it or we as a family can recreate it when the kids are a little older.

Emma:  My baby.  Her birthday is January 8th.  So she's 3 months now, but by the time we start our adventures, she'll be closer to 6 months.  She's so sweet and maybe a little spoiled (If I believed you could spoil a baby).  She's a Momma's girl and I love every minute of it because at one time Brock was a Momma's Boy and now he's a rough and tumble, do it myself, kind of kid.

So stay tuned!  Starting in June, we'll start our adventures.  Actually, we might start one adventure a little early, because I want to tour the butterfly gardens, and that only lasts till the end of this month.  I'll try to keep this blog updated a little bit as I plan out the summer, so subscribe by email so you don't miss a thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment